Every parent and aspiring parent must know that parenting is a precious gift and a role not to be taken for granted.
The type of children you raise will be a testament to you as a parent, their personality will reflect an image of their parental background as well as determine how well the child will do in life – The role of parenting must be taken very seriously because it is your chance to give positively to the future by being a positive role model to a child today.
Tips on how to raise confident & successful kids include the following;
- Teach them early to understand honor and respect – for themselves and towards others.
- Discipline them firmly but lovingly when they do wrong – start early before it becomes too late to do so.
- Teach them early to participate in & oversee household chores – This will inculcate early in the child a sense of responsibility, leadership and team work.
- Look for their dominant skills and talents early, help them nurture their talents by keeping them focused.
- Encourage them to believe in themselves and to know that they have what it takes to achieve their goals.
- Support them to sharpen their skills and to be the best they can be in their areas of vocation or skill set.
- Parents live by example, be a positive role model – Our kids are more likely to do what we do rather than what we say.
- Lastly, listen to them, talk with them, spend time with them and Pray for them always – They will trust you and open up to your advice when they need it.
Note these wise words from Proverbs;
” Train a child the way he should go; and when he is grown, he will not depart from it “
Keeping to these simple tips will give you the first solid foundation to raising confident, well rounded kids who are happier and able to achieve success in life.
For more on information/Support or to join our transformational life & work skills programs – E4S Program