Managing problems early at work could save an organization huge financial loses as well as precious manpower resource and relationship; Workplace problem can be between individuals at work or can be a management procedural problem within an organization.
Tips on how to deal with problems at work between individual colleagues:-
- Identify the problem and address it quickly before it develops into something more detrimental.
- Listen to both sides; Listening attentively to both sides without showing favoritism will make it easier for the parties involved to open up to you, so you can get a better understanding of what the problem is.
- Ensure clear communication; Clarify information received by repeating and summarizing the key issues for accuracy. All key points should be addressed to avoid further problems that can be counter productive.
- Consider all possible options for solving the problem based on information received.
- Make a decision as quickly as possible, implement, monitor and evaluate the result to ensure issues have been resolved or at least is under control.
Watch out for Part 2.