The things that give us true and lasting happiness come from within us – our thoughts, how we perceive our environment and the experiences we have will deliver to us their corresponding happiness or sadness as the fruit of our thoughts and attitude to our experience.
Dan Gilbert states; ‘We have within us the capacity to manufacture the very commodity we are chasing’
Outward acquisitions and wealth may give temporary satisfaction, this feeling is short lived if one has not first developed an inner sense of contentment and happiness – for this reason many people, including the rich and famous struggle with feelings of discontentment, depression and even suicidal thoughts.
Tips to access your inner Happiness;
- Have an attitude of gratitude: Be grateful for the good things in your life, do not take them for granted.
- Find the things you enjoy doing and get busy doing them.
- Care about people and not make everything about just you all the time – Care, share, give.
- Take quiet times off occasionally and meditate on the positive things around you.
- Listen to and discover your inner self – You are more than just the physical.